Australia Pet Travel: Mickleham Pet Quarantine Facility Now Open

We've been keeping a close eye on the changing pet quarantine options in Australia, and we're happy to report that the new Post Entry Quarantine (PEQ) facility in Mickleham, Victoria is now open.

PEQ dog pen

A PEQ Dog Kennel Area

This brand new facility is equipped to streamline the pet import process and features modern dog and cat kennels and space for future growth. Check out a few pictures below and read more about the new Mickleham facility here.

For more information about the pet quarantine process and travel to Australia in general, take a look at PetRelocation's Australia Pet Travel Spotlight.



PEQ Reception Building


peq plaque

Official Opening Plaque


PEQ Cat Accommodations

As always, if you have questions about how to arrange your pet's safe move, contact us for a pet travel consultation.




PetRelocation Team






Add a Comment

By Fiona Peters on April 27, 2017 at 2:30 am

Hi, I have a friend who lives in Portugal and has an assistance dog. She wants to come visit for a holiday. Would she be able to bring her assistance dog with her? She has Lupus SLE, thrombocytopenia and Sjogrens Syndrome. He alerts her when her blood levels are not right so she can take necessary action. He also alerts prior to her collapsing so she can take necessary action. In the event that she does pass out he tries to wake her and then activates a help button to summon help. He assists with mobility things like fetching and picking up things fallen on the floor The dog is on the PETS System, he has Pet Passport, Microchip, Health Certificate etc. My friend has her Assistance Dog Trainer Diploma and the dog has his Assistance Dog Certification. What would be required for her to bring him with her on holiday? Many thanks

By on April 27, 2017 at 8:58 am

Hi Fiona, thank you for your questions. Australia is very strict when it comes to pet imports (as you probably already know), and even service dogs must adhere to a set of particular rules. Here is a link from the Australia government website discussing these procedures: Hope this helps! Please let us know if we can further assist.

Add a Comment

Name is required

Email is required and must be in the format

Comment is required

Back to top