Cat Travel from Germany to the United States

Name: Brigitte
Number of Pets: 1
Pet Type: Cat
Pet Breed: Domestic Cat
From: Duesseldorf, Germany
To: Saywer County, Wisconsin

Dear PetRelocation,

I want to travel with my cat from Germany to Wisconsin. I want to enter the United States via Minneapolis, Minnesota.

My cat is microchipped and has her regular vaccinations and one vaccination against rabies. My cat lives in my apartment only, and because of this fact she does not get in contact with other animals.

Would you please tell me if any more requirements need to be met to take my pet with me on the journey? Do I need special forms to be filled out by the vet?

If so, please inform me which ones I need and where I can get them.



Hi Brigitte,

It sounds like you're off to a great start. The pet import requirements for the United States are pretty straightforward -- essentially, you need to have a health certificate (issued by your vet within 10 days of departure) and proof that your cat is up to date with the rabies vaccine.

Be sure to choose a pet friendly airline and check with them in advance to make a reservation and find out about their policies, and if your cat isn't used to traveling, you can help her in the weeks before your move with these cat crate training tips.

Please contact us if you have any more questions about your move and good luck with everything!


PetRelocation Team





United States
Back to top