Cat Travel to the United States From Canada

Hi There,

I'm planning a move to the United States for work and I'm really worried about the requirements to move my cat over with me. Are you aware of any other requirements other than a health certificate and a rabies shot that my cat would have to get done?

Thank you so much.



Hi Chiara,

Thank you for your question! The United States is one of the easiest countries to bring a cat --  here is a look at the requirements, but essentially you just need a health certificate and proof of updated rabies, as you mentioned.

We advise double checking with the airline to make sure you're meeting their requirements, and beyond that just recommend working to crate train your cat in the weeks before the move and allowing plenty of time to research and plan all logistical details.

Here are a few more pet travel tips that may help you on your way, and if you decide that you'd like to let someone else handle the details of your cat's safe move, contact us for a pet travel consultation. We arrange door-to-door pet travel logistics and would be happy to assist you!

Good luck and safe travels, Chiara!


Pet Travel Details:

Name: Chiara
Number of Pets: 1
Pet Type: Cat
From: Quebec, Canada
To: Indiana, USA


PetRelocation Team





United States, Canada
Back to top