Pet Travel Question: Flying With Cats to the United States

Name: Nia
Number of Pets: Two
Pet Type: Cats
Pet Breed: Siamese
From: UK
To: USA (Los Angeles)

We are moving to LA and just wanted to check what formal documents we need to move our cats. We have booked flights and had rabies jabs, and we also booked an appointment to see the vet prior to flying.

I am just worried that we are missing a big formal document to get them in to the country so any help would be much appreciated.


Hello Nia,

Thanks for contacting us. Please take a look at these United States pet import requirements for an idea of what to expect when you travel. Flying into the U.S. is pretty straightforward and it sounds like you're on the right track, but you will need an International Health Certificate in addition to updated rabies vaccines, which you can ask your vet about.

Please let us know if you have any questions, and have a great trip!


PetRelocation Team





United States, UK
Back to top