State-to-State Rabies Requirements for Cats

Name: Emily
Number of Pets: 1
Pet Type: Cat
From: Los Angeles, CA
To: Seattle, WA


Dear PetRelocation,

What documentation does Washington require on arrival to the Seattle airport, if any, for my house cat?




Hi Emily,

Thanks for your question. Moving cats within the United States is pretty straightforward -- mostly it's a matter of meeting the airline requirements.

Take a look at this overview for guidance. You'll need a vet health certificate stating your cat is healthy and fit to fly, and a rabies vaccine (along with proof) will be needed, as well. Rabies laws vary from state to state but Washington does require that dogs, cats and ferrets stay vaccinated against rabies.

Hopefully this helps, Emily. Please let us know if you have any more questions about your upcoming move, and good luck!


PetRelocation Team





United States
Back to top