Hong Kong Dog Transport Services

What to Know About Bringing a Dog to Hong Kong

Dog Transport to Hong KongBringing dogs to Hong Kong as part of your international relocation can be easier than you think, especially if you know where to look for assistance when you need it.

We've outlined the details surrounding dog transport to Hong Kong below. Take a look, and let us know if you have questions about this process or if you're looking for general advice about how to ship pets safely.

Do you need help planning your dog's move to Hong Kong?

If you’re ready to learn more about pricing, logistics, and other travel details, get started by completing our consultation form. Our team is ready to assist you!

Get a Consultation

Regulations for Importing Dogs to Hong Kong

Attention: Precise regulations can change at any time, so be sure to double check with the appropriate authorities or with your PetRelocation Consultant to find the most current and accurate information available.


Hong Kong requires all dogs to be microchipped prior to import. This can be an AVID 9-digit microchip or an ISO-compatible microchip (Home Again, ResQ, etc.). However, all dogs must be registered in Hong Kong with an AVID 9-digit microchip. If your dog does not have an AVID 9-digit microchip upon arrival in Hong Kong, they will be re-chipped with an AVID 9-digit microchip with an additional fee.

Rabies Vaccination and Certificate

All dogs must have an original Rabies Certificate and this certificate must state the microchip number, the date of inoculation and the validity of the particular vaccination you obtain – this can be a one or three year vaccine and must be administered at least 30 days and less than a year before departure.

Current Vaccination Records for Dogs

Records must be at least 14 days old and less than a year old before departure.

  • Canine Distemper, Parvovirus, Hepatitis and Leptospirosis

Import Permit

An import permit is required to enter the country. Please contact your PetRelocation Specialist to learn about the best way to manage this.

Vet Health Certificate (USDA APHIS Form 7001)

This is the standard Health Certificate to be filled out by your USDA accredited Veterinarian. It must be issued within seven days of the flight.

Hong Kong Health Certificate

This is the AFCD health certificate to be filled out by your USDA accredited veterinarian along with the Form 7001. It must be issued within seven days of the flight.

USDA Endorsements

The documents below must be sent to your local USDA for their stamp of approval. Please contact your PetRelocation Specialist to learn more about the best way to manage this.

  • Microchip Implantation Record
  • Rabies Certificate
  • Vaccination Records
  • Import Permit
  • Vet Health Certificate (USDA APHIS Form 7001)
  • Hong Kong Health Certificate

Banned Breeds

The following breeds may not be imported into Hong Kong: Pit Bull Terrier (also known as the American Staffordshire Terrier), Japanese Tosa, Dogo Argentino, Fila Braziliero, and any mixes of these breeds. Staffordshire Bull Terriers may be imported if a statutory declaration is submitted with the application.

Additional Details

There is no quarantine when entering Hong Kong from the United States if the above requirements have been met.

Note that dogs must be at least five months old to enter Hong Kong.

Back to top