Washington Pet Import Rules and Requirements

Moving to Washington with your pet? Here's a look at the general requirements to keep in mind.

Moving to Washington With Your Pet

Attention: This information is to be used as general guidelines and may not be updated to meet the current requirements. Before you travel, be sure to contact the appropriate authorities or a PetRelocation Specialist.

Health Certificate

Within 10 days of departure, your veterinarian will need to issue a Health Certificate as required by all airlines. This certificate states that your pet is in good health and fit to fly.

Rabies Tag (Recommended)

Most states require that dogs have a rabies tag proving they have an up-to-date rabies vaccine. Usually pets must be re-vaccinated every three years.

Back to top