Pet Travel Question: Moving Cats from Canada to the UK


What forms do I need? Where can I get them and print them to take to the vet? And what does each cat need to have by law?

Thank you,



Hi Pamala,

Thank you for your questions! Here is an overview of the pet import requirements for the UK. As you'll see there, in addition to microchips and rabies vaccines, you'll need an official veterinary health certificate (which your vet should be able to give you).

Additionally, you will need to have these certificates endorsed by the Canadian government veterinary authority (the CFIA). The endorsement process can be quite lengthy, so it's best to start preparing your cats for travel as soon as possible.

For more information and to double check any additional questions that come up, you can always take a look at the official UK government website regarding pet imports or our own UK pet travel guide. We've helped many pets travel to the UK safely and have gathered lots of great information, tips and travel stories. 

Thanks again for reaching out! Pet transport can be a stressful process, so if you think you might like assistance with your move, fill out our online consultation form to be in contact with a pet shipping specialist.

Happy travels!


Pet Travel Question Details:

Name: Pamala
Number of Pets: 3
Pet Type: Cats
From: Canada
To: UK


Editor's Note: This post was originally published in August 2013 and has been updated with new information.


PetRelocation Team


Air Travel, Airlines, Ask the Experts




UK, Canada
Back to top