A Comprehensive Guide to Pet Transport to India
Bringing your beloved pets to India requires careful planning and adherence to specific pet travel regulations. Understanding the import rules and health requirements is crucial for a successful pet relocation to this vibrant country. In this guide, we'll cover key points that pet owners should be aware of when arranging pet transport to India.
Regulations for Importing Pets to India
Attention: This information is to be used as general guidelines and may not be updated to meet the current requirements. Before you travel, be sure to contact the appropriate authorities for your destination country.
Microchip and Vaccination Requirements
- Microchip: Pets must be microchipped with a chip that complies with ISO Standard 11784 or Annex A to ISO standard 11785.
- Rabies Vaccination: Pets need an original Rabies Certificate stating the microchip number, inoculation date, and vaccination validity. Ensure the vaccine is an inactivated type.
Health Certificates and Documentation
- Vet Health Certificate (Form 7001): A USDA-accredited veterinarian must issue this certificate within 10 days of the flight. It should state that the pet has no clinical signs of specific diseases.
- Annexure I (Dogs) or II (Cats) Certificate: Issued by a USDA-accredited veterinarian within 10 days of the flight.
- USDA Endorsements: The Microchip Implantation Record, Rabies Certificate, and Vet Health Certificate (Form 7001 & Annexure I/II) must receive a USDA stamp of approval.
- No Objection Certificate (NOC): A temporary permit issued in India that allows pets into the country. PetRelocation can obtain this on your behalf.
Crate Acclimation and Preparation
- Crate acclimation is essential for reducing stress during the flight. Ensure the travel crate is airline-approved and that your pet is familiar with spending time in it.
Restrictions on Importing Birds to India
- India currently prohibits importing domestic and wild birds, poultry, poultry semen, and swine from the United States. Refer to the India Ministry of Agriculture for details.
For assistance with pet relocation to India, contact the experts at PetRelocation.