Snub-Nosed Pet Travel: Two Pugs Move to Germany

We hear a lot of concerns from owners of snub-nosed breeds about their ability to fly long distances. See how one pet owner felt after her experience moving two senior pugs across the Atlantic.

I accepted a job that relocated my husband, Austin, and I from Atlanta to Berlin, and the most important part of our move was making sure that our two senior pugs, Chubs and Taters, were able to make the move with us.

Neither of the pugs are light enough to be carried onto the plane, and therefore, we partnered with PetRelocation to ensure that our fur babies made it to Germany safe and sound.

We coordinated with Katy on our move, and she provided us instructions and updates every step of the way.  She even went above and beyond to make sure that Chubs received last-minute medication after suffering a seizure a few days prior to our departure.

PetRelocation cared for my pugs as if they were their own, and even provided me photos during the pugs' stay at the animal lounge in Frankfurt.  I could not be happier with the service that PetRelocation provided, and am happy to report that Chubs and Taters are loving life in Berlin.  Believe the hype—-the PetRelocation team is the real deal—-and I highly recommend them to everyone!

Pet Travel Details:

Pet Type: Dog
Pet Breed: Pug
Pet Names: Chubs and Taters
From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA
To: Berlin, Germany

Planning to relocate your pets to Europe (or anywhere else in the world?). Contact us for a complimentary consultation to see how we can help!

Author:

PetRelocation Team

Topic:

Incredible Experiences

Pet:

Dogs, Snub-Nosed Breeds

Country:

EU

Comments

By Marcelo Galante on April 17, 2018 at 2:40 pm

I also moved 2 pugs from NY to Brazil through pet relocation, everything was perfect!

By maegan@petrelocation.com on April 19, 2018 at 3:20 pm

Thanks Marcelo! Hope Will & Thor are doing well in Brazil!

By Colin on April 15, 2018 at 9:01 pm

I would love to relocate to Canada with my two English bulldogs. Any advise will be greatly appreciated

By maegan@petrelocation.com on April 19, 2018 at 3:28 pm

Hi Colin, thanks for reaching out! Snub-nosed breeds present particular challenges when it comes to relocating, but if done carefully and intelligently, safe moves are possible to most destinations. Click here to read more about snub-nosed breeds. That being said, we'd love to help with your pups move, we just need a bit more information about your relocation. In order to best assist, please fill out yourArrange A Move Form here. Looking forward to speaking soon!

By Una Van Tilburg on April 13, 2018 at 1:16 am

Do you relocate a small bird from South AFrica to UK

By maegan@petrelocation.com on April 19, 2018 at 3:21 pm

Hi Una, thanks for your note. It would depend on a few factors if your bird can be relocated. Check out this blog for more information. If you'd like to speak with a consultant about your move, please fill out our Arrange A Move Form here. Thank you!

By Reena on April 9, 2018 at 11:20 am

I am relocating to UK and need assistance to take my pet child with me

Name is required

Email is required and must be in the format email@domain.com

Comment is required