Bangladesh Pet Import Rules and Requirements

While bringing a dog or cat to Bangladesh may seem straightforward, certain steps in the process can cause issues with your pet's entry if not followed correctly. For example, a No Objection Certificate (NOC) is required prior to your pet's departure and must be obtained in Bangladesh from the Department of Livestock. While import permits, similar to the NOC, are typically obtained prior to the final health certificate, the NOC must be applied for using a copy of the already endorsed health certificate.

Keeping this in mind, it is important to plan ahead when importing pets to Bangladesh and speak with your veterinarian with regards to any health concerns you may have. To start, we encourage crate acclimation as the main solution to helping your pet feel as calm as possible during the travels to Bangladesh.

Your PetRelocation Specialists will guide you through this process, but for an idea of what to expect when shipping pets to Bangladesh, take a look at the requirements below.

Do you need help planning your pet's move?

If you’re ready to learn more about pricing, logistics, and other travel details, get started by completing our consultation form. Our team is ready to assist you!

Request Support

Regulations for Importing Pets to Bangladesh

Attention: This information is to be used as general guidelines and may not be updated to meet the current requirements. Before you travel, be sure to contact the appropriate authorities or your PetRelocation Specialist.


Each pet shall be identified by means of a microchip. No other form of identification is acceptable. The microchip used should comply with ISO Standard 11784 or Annex A to ISO standard 11785.

Rabies Vaccination and Certificate

All pets must have an original Rabies Certificate and this certificate must state the microchip number, the date of inoculation and the validity of the particular vaccination you obtain – some are good for two years, others are only good for one. This vaccine must be an inactivated vaccine.

Vet Health Certificate (Form 7001)

This is the standard Health Certificate to be filled out by your USDA accredited Veterinarian. It must be issued within 10 days of the flight. An endorsed copy of this certificate can be sent ahead of time to obtain the NOC, while the original must travel with the pet.

USDA Endorsements

The following forms must be sent to your local USDA for their stamp of approval. Please contact your PetRelocation Specialist to learn more about the best way to manage this.

  • Microchip Implantation Record
  • Rabies Certificate
  • Vet Health Certificate (Form 7001)

No Objection Certificate ("NOC")

The No Objection Certificate is a temporary permit issued by the Department of Livestock in Bangladesh allowing pets to be brought into the country. PetRelocation will obtain this on your behalf.

Pet Travel Stories

“I have no doubt that we would not have been able to do this without PetRelocation and I would recommend them in a heartbeat to anyone needing to relocate their furry family members. ”

— Georgina

Moving Across the Pond with a Dog: Vinny’s Story

Back to top