Moving to Pakistan with Pets

Pet transport to Pakistan means understanding and following the rules outlined below as well as taking care of general pet travel considerations, like obtaining an airline approved travel crate and training your pet to feel comfortable spending time in it.

To summarize, before bringing a dog to Pakistan you will need to obtain an import permit from Pakistan's Ministry of Food and Agriculture. Each pet will also need a microchip implanted before arrival; it's the only acceptable form of identification.

An inactive rabies vaccine and accompanying certificate is another requirement, along with a health certificate completed by a USDA accredited veterinarian within 10 days of travel. You must also receive USDA endorsements for several documents, including both certificates mentioned above.

Overwhelmed by the idea of bringing pets to Pakistan? Read on for more information about the requirements, and rely on the expertise of your PetRelocation Specialists, who can guide you through the process.

Request Support

Regulations for Importing Pets to Pakistan

Attention: This information is to be used as general guidelines and may not be updated to meet the current requirements. Before you travel, be sure to contact the appropriate authorities for your destination country.

Import Permit

Your pet will need to have an import permit issued by the Ministry of Food and Agriculture in the Office of Imports and Exports Control Organization in Pakistan.


Each pet shall be identified by means of a microchip. No other form of identification is acceptable. The microchip used should comply with ISO Standard 11784 or Annex A to ISO standard 11785.

Rabies Vaccination and Certificate

All pets must have an original Rabies Certificate and this certificate must state the microchip number, the date of inoculation and the validity of the particular vaccination you obtain – some are good for two years, others are only good for one. This vaccine must be an inactivated vaccine.

Vet Health Certificate (Form 7001)

This is the standard Health Certificate to be filled out by your USDA accredited veterinarian. Must be issued within 10 days of the flight.

USDA Endorsements

The forms below must be sent to your local USDA for their stamp of approval. Please contact your PetRelocation Specialist to learn more about the best way to manage this.

  • Microchip Implantation Record
  • Rabies Certificate
  • Vet Health Certificate

Pet Travel Stories

“I have no doubt that we would not have been able to do this without PetRelocation and I would recommend them in a heartbeat to anyone needing to relocate their furry family members. ”

— Georgina

Moving Across the Pond with a Dog: Vinny’s Story

Back to top