What to Know About Importing Dogs and Cats to the Philippines

As with all pet relocations, initial steps include working with your vet and ensuring your pet’s vaccines align with all import requirements. Additionally, bringing pets to the Philippines entails obtaining an import permit.

The import permit will list in detail all requirements for pet transport to the Philippines, including information on the health certificate that will need to be issued prior to departure. Your PetRelocation Specialist will work closely with you and the Bureau of Animal Industry in the Philippines to obtain this permit.

Another crucial step in the relocation process is kennel acclimation. The flight to the Philippines can be a long journey, and it's important that your pet feels as safe and comfortable as possible inside their travel kennel. The goal is for your pet to view time spent in their travel kennel as a positive part of their daily life.

Your PetRelocation Specialists will help you navigate relocating your pet to the Philippines, but please see below for a closer look at what to expect when shipping pets to this Southeast Asian country.

Request Support

Regulations for Importing Pets to the Philippines

Attention: This information is to be used as general guidelines and may not be updated to meet the current requirements. Before you travel, be sure to contact the appropriate authorities for your destination country.


Though not required, an ISO-compatible microchip is strongly recommended.

Rabies and Vaccine Certificate

Each pet must have an original rabies and vaccine certificate listing the following vaccines: Rabies, Canine Distemper, Infectious Hepatitis, Leptospirosis, Canine Parvovirus or Feline Panleucopenia.

This certificate should list the following information:

  • Microchip
  • Pet details (breed, color, markings, DOB, sex, age)
  • Date of inoculation and validity period
  • For Rabies: serial/lot number, product, manufacturer

Vet Health Certificate (APHIS Form 7001)

This is the standard Health Certificate to be filled out by your USDA accredited veterinarian and it must be issued within 10 days of the flight.

The certificate must also state there have been no reported cases of rabies within a 20 kilometer radius from the point of origin (pet owner’s home) during the last six months.

The certificate must also state (and pets will need to be) treated for internal and external parasites – this is recommended within the 10 days prior to departure, usually at the last vet visit.

USDA Endorsements

The following documents must be sent to your local USDA for their stamp of approval. Please contact your PetRelocation Specialist to learn more about the best way to manage this.

  • Valid copy of import permit
  • Original Form 7001 filled out within the 10 days prior to departure
  • Rabies and vaccination certificate (as described above)

Pet Travel Stories

Microchips can be an understandably confusing part of pet travel, so we've compiled a few frequently asked questions to help clear up the most misunderstood aspects of this requirement. Does my pet need an ISO Compatible Microchip to enter the European Union? If you've looked into pet import

ISO Compatible Microchips for Pet Travel to the European Union

Back to top