Pet Move of the Month: Eddie Moves to India!

July's pet move of the month features Eddie. He recently moved from the United States to India and is settling into his new home! His owner shared her experience with us below:

What brought about your move to India?

We had to move to India because of my husband's work.

Did anything surprise you about the pet travel process?

Yes. We had an experience moving with Eddie from the Czech Republic to the USA about 7 years ago but moving to India seemed more complicated with the paperwork, receiving NOC, a rule for the arrival time, and so on.

India is very far from the USA. Eddie had to travel for a long distance taking at least two airplanes nearly 10 hours of each, and moreover, our Eddie is almost 12 years old. I researched every day for what we can do but soon I lost my confidence and searched for the help.

Gladly I found PetRelocation who is a member of IPATA. Evelyn the consultant gave us much information. Her quick response and kind words always reassured me. After we decided to work with them, Kelcey the coordinator gave us a plan for Eddie's move. Her quick response and calm advice led us all the way from Kentucky, USA to Bengaluru, India.

How did Eddie handle the move and how is setting in?

Everywhere Eddie went, there were Kelcey's contact people to take care of Eddie. Britt's Bow Wow is the pet hotel where Eddie was staying until he got on his flight from Detroit. Eddie is always a bit shy at first. They understood right away and took care of him kindly and safely.

Thank you Chris for taking Eddie to the Airport for his check-in. Since we reunited Eddie here in Bengaluru we know you did a perfect job for us!

As Kelcey explained to us, Eddie was in the good hands at the animal lounge in Frankfurt for the layover. We received photos of Eddie. Kelcey's contact person in India, Siva, was also wonderful. Siva Picked up my husband's passport at the hotel the day before Eddie's arrival and brought Eddie to us at 5am the next morning.

I don't have enough words to express my appreciation for all their professional jobs. Thank you very much. Eddie was tired and slow when he got out from his crate, but he seemed in a good condition.

He saw us happily and got excited right away!

What advice do you have for people who might be starting to plan their pet's move?

If you have questions or things that you can't decide about your pet's move, consult professionals. Keep your pets healthy especially before their moving so they can go along with the good plan. Prepare well rather than worry too much.

How pet-friendly is your new home city? Feel free to share the names of any dog-friendly places you've found.

Unfortunately, we can not take Eddie out to the public street here in Bengaluru because we see many stray dogs around. We are staying at the hotel for three weeks and moving to our new house following week, which is in the big community fenced around with the security so that we can take a safe walk with Eddie.

Vivanta By Taj Whitefield is a very good pet-friendly hotel. The staff is very polite and kind to us even though Eddie is shy. They have a beautiful grass area outside of the second floor.

Thank you to Eddie's family for trusting us with such a big move! We wish you the best in your new home of India!

Author:

PetRelocation Team

Topic:

Air Travel, Move of the Month

Pet:

Dogs

Country:

India

Comments

By Mahi on August 14, 2018 at 4:47 pm

I would like to move my pet lab to Australia. Is it possible and how much time does it take. Also i would need assistance as my pet is with my parents who can't do any running around as they are old.

By maegan@petrelocation.com on August 21, 2018 at 8:46 am

Hi Mahi! A typical move into Australia can take at least 180-days, which begins with the completion of a rabies titer test. Our team specializes in pet moves to & from Australia, so please fill out our Arrange A Move form here and a team member will reach out to you shortly. Looking forward to speaking with you!

By sumir on August 9, 2018 at 3:25 am

hi, we are moving from india to philippines in september, we would like to also bring along our 2 Labra (3months old). would you be able to help? appreciate hearing from you

By maegan@petrelocation.com on August 14, 2018 at 1:25 pm

Hi Sumir! Here are the requirements for moving your pup to The Philippines. If you'd like more information, about our services, please fill out our Arrange a Move Form and one of our representatives will be in touch shortly. Thanks!

By Asad Sumbal on July 25, 2018 at 2:30 am

Hi!! I am planning my move from Lahore to Manila, Philippines. I have a pair of pugs and a pair of persian breed cats who'd move with me. I know that Pet Relocation has no services in Pakistan. I would appreciate if anyone can share any contacts which could help me in relocating my pets from Pakistan to the Philippines. Thanks in advance.

By maegan@petrelocation.com on July 25, 2018 at 8:21 am

Hi Asad! Thanks for reaching out to us. Here are some tips & tricks for relocating snub-nosed breeds internationally. Apologies we were not a good fit for your relocation but hopefully we provided you a solution to your needs. If we can help with anything else, please let us know!

By Reshma on July 24, 2018 at 12:10 pm

Thanks for sharing your story. I am trying to move my dog from India to the United States. He is white German Sheperd. He is very shy and panics for new things and new people. I don't know how I can move him to the United States. I just want him to take with me as he will be stressless if I am next to him. I need suggestions. He is a very good boy and great at heart. He is not aggressive. Please help me.

By maegan@petrelocation.com on July 25, 2018 at 8:33 am

Hi Reshma! When it comes to large dogs traveling the best solution is for them to travel in the cargo hold on commercial airlines that have documented pet programs. We've moved plenty of anxious pets and the best thing you can do for your pup is to acclimate him to his travel crate. Here are some great tips! We've also had clients make signs/write notes on their pup's crate that states that their pup will be anxious so that the airline staff are aware when handling him. All agents are trained in pet safety & understand this won't be a pet's most favorite day! If we can help arrange your pup's safe travel, feel free to fill out our Arrange A Move form. Hope this helps!

By Jillian Huang on July 17, 2018 at 12:08 pm

Wow - excellent news about Eddie! Hope he continues to thrive in India, or wherever he goes. This gives me hope that my cat Nico will also do well on his move from the US to Singapore this fall.

By Makiko on July 18, 2018 at 1:06 am

Wishing you all a safe and happy journey to Singapore❤️

By Verona Sawyer on July 17, 2018 at 8:11 am

This is encouraging to read . I’m trying to figure out how to move my five dogs and eight cats to England to be with my Husband but I think it’s Impossible .... keep up the good work though !!!

By Sarah on July 17, 2018 at 8:44 am

Wow, 8 cats and 5 dogs! That’s as insane as my situation! I have 3 cats, 3 sugar gliders, and 3 bearded dragons that I’m dying to take with me when I move to the states all the way from Middle East jordan! It’s going to cost an arm and a leg and I don’t know what I’m earth to do about it either!

By Brian on July 17, 2018 at 8:03 am

wow....really great......professionalism works with experience.....you have done a super job.

Name is required

Email is required and must be in the format email@domain.com

Comment is required