Chile Pet Import Rules and Requirements

Managing pet transport to Chile will require quite a bit of careful planning, but with adequate time and with the correct information, it's a process that can be handled smoothly and safely.

To start, make sure your vet is USDA accredited if you're in the United States, and if you're starting elsewhere, your vet should be approved by the relevant Government Authority. From here, acquaint yourself with Chile's import rules for pets and consult a pet travel expert if you find that you need assistance.

Bringing pets to Chile also requires choosing the right pet travel crate, helping your pet acclimate to the crate, choosing a pet friendly airline, and discussing any health related questions with your vet (remember, sedation is neither recommended nor allowed).

Read on for more information about shipping pets to Chile and reach out to PetRelocation if you'd like some help planning your move.

Request Support

Regulations for Importing Pets to Chile

Attention: This information is to be used as general guidelines and may not be updated to meet the current requirements. Before you travel, be sure to contact the appropriate authorities for your destination country.


A microchip is not required, but is recommended.

Rabies Vaccination and Certificate

All pets over three months of age must have an original Rabies Certificate. This rabies vaccination must occur at least 30 days prior to departure, but within 360 days of departure.

Vet Health Certificate (Form 7001 in the US)

This is the standard Health Certificate to be filled out by your accredited Veterinarian. It must be issued within 10 days of the flight and state that pets show no clinical sign of disease.

The certificate must be written in or translated into Spanish and must contain:

  • Owner’s name and address
  • Animal’s data: breed, sex, date of birth, size, color & particular signs
  • Country of Origin and transit points if applicable

Government Endorsements

The following must be sent to your local government veterinarian for their stamp of approval (for US exports, this is the USDA). Please contact your PetRelocation Specialist to learn more about the best way to manage this.

  • Microchip Implantation Record
  • Rabies Certificate
  • Vet Health Certificate

Pet Travel Stories

“I was very afraid of the idea of moving Tazy and having her go through such a long journey, But Evelyn and Kelcey practically held my hand the entire time.”

Tazy’s Move: Bringing Dogs to Argentina

Back to top