Egypt Pet Import Rules and Requirements

When planning pet transport to Egypt, follow the outlined requirements carefully and be sure to double (and triple) check all details in order to avoid delays or complications.

In addition to gathering the correct paperwork, vaccines and government endorsements, we also advise choosing a pet friendly airline and helping your pet acclimate to the travel kennel in the weeks before you move. When pets feel comfortable spending time in the crate they will feel less anxious during the flight itself.

Contact PetRelocation for guidance if you're feeling overwhelmed by the idea of shipping pets to Egypt. Our team of experts is here to help if needed!

Request Support

Regulations for Importing Pets to Egypt

Attention: This information is to be used as general guidelines and may not be updated to meet the current requirements. Before you travel, be sure to contact the appropriate authorities for your destination country.


Each pet shall be identified by means of a microchip. No other form of identification is acceptable. The microchip used should comply with ISO Standard 11784 or Annex A to ISO standard 11785.

Rabies Vaccination and Certificate

All pets must have an original Rabies Certificate and this certificate must state the microchip number, the date of inoculation and the validity of the particular vaccination you obtain. This vaccine must be an inactivated vaccine and must be administered more than 30 days and less than one year before the day of departure.

Additional Vaccines

Dogs: Distemper, Hepatitis, Leptospirosis, Parvovirus (DHLP)

Cats: Feline Viral Rhinotracheitis, Calicivirus and Panleukopenia (FVRCP)

All vaccines must be administered between 21 days and one year before departure. Note: Additional vaccines may also be required -- please discuss this with your PetRelocation Specialist.

Vet Health Certificate (Form 7001)

This is the standard Health Certificate to be filled out by your USDA accredited veterinarian and it must be issued within 10 days of the flight.

USDA Endorsements

The following documents must be sent to your local USDA for their stamp of approval. Please contact your PetRelocation Specialist to learn more about how to manage this process.

  • Microchip Implantation Record
  • Rabies Certificate
  • Vet Health Certificate

Pet Travel Stories

“I have no doubt that we would not have been able to do this without PetRelocation and I would recommend them in a heartbeat to anyone needing to relocate their furry family members. ”

— Georgina

Moving Across the Pond with a Dog: Vinny’s Story

Back to top