Planning Your Pet's Journey to Egypt
Relocating your beloved pets to Egypt requires careful planning and attention to detail. To ensure a smooth and stress-free journey, it's crucial to familiarize yourself with the pet import rules and requirements set forth by Egyptian authorities. This comprehensive guide provides valuable information on bringing dogs and cats to Egypt, including necessary paperwork, vaccinations, and government endorsements.
Contact PetRelocation for guidance if you're overwhelmed by shipping pets to Egypt. Our team of experts is here to help if needed!
Key Requirements for Pet Transport to Egypt
Attention: This information will be used as general guidelines and may not be updated to meet the current requirements. Before you travel, contact the appropriate authorities for your destination country.
- Each pet shall be identified using a microchip. No other form of identification is acceptable. The microchip should comply with ISO Standard 11784 or Annex A to ISO Standard 11785.
Rabies Vaccination and Certificate
- All pets must have an original Rabies Certificate, which must state the microchip number, the date of inoculation, and the validity of the vaccination you obtain.
- This vaccine must be inactivated and must be administered more than 30 days and less than one year before the day of departure.
- Dogs: Distemper, Hepatitis, Leptospirosis, Parvovirus (DHLP)
- Cats: Feline Viral Rhinotracheitis, Calicivirus and Panleukopenia (FVRCP)
All vaccines must be administered between 21 days and one year before departure. Note: Additional vaccines may also be required -- please discuss this with your PetRelocation Specialist.
Vet Health Certificate (Form 7001)
- This is the standard Health Certificate to be filled out by your USDA-accredited veterinarian, and it must be issued within 10 days of the flight.
The following documents must be sent to your local USDA for their approval. Please contact your PetRelocation Specialist to learn more about how to manage this process.
- Microchip Implantation Record
- Rabies Certificate
- Vet Health Certificate
Acclimating Your Pet to Travel
A crucial aspect of pet travel is helping your pet acclimate to the travel kennel in the weeks before the move. When pets feel comfortable in the crate, they are less anxious during the flight.
PetRelocation Support and Guidance
We understand that pet travel can be overwhelming, but rest assured, our team of PetRelocation experts is here to guide you every step of the way. From managing USDA endorsements to offering personalized support, we're committed to making your pet's journey as comfortable as possible.
If you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to contact PetRelocation for personalized support and guidance. We're here to help you and your furry family enjoy a safe and successful relocation to Egypt.